Centrosolar Canada’s parent company is CENTROSOLAR Group AG , one of the leading publicly-traded solar companies in Europe. CENTROSOLAR Group AG has been serving solar installers since 2007 with more than 1,000 team members in 21 locations. The company has revenues of more than $540 million a year worldwide, and produces its world-class PV modules and components in Germany.
Centrosolar America has a full-service team of sales, engineering and customer support personnel ready to assist you. Additionally we have distribution facilities in Arizona and Hawaii which are able to service the entire country. We supply residential and commercial solar installers with a robust partner program, as well as products, residential and commercial financing, direct regional support and in-person training to keep up with the demands of your growing company.
Centrosolar has a rich history of product excellence and longstanding customer support.
- May: CENTROSOLAR Group AG places its first corporate bond with a volume of EUR 50 million. Company management interprets the successful placement as reflecting confidence in the company’s strategy, and intends to finance its ongoing drive to branch out internationally as well as broaden its business activities.
- May: First production line for anti-reflective glass goes into operation in China, securing the company access to the world’s biggest sales market for solar glass.
- March: Centrosolar announces results for fiscal year 2010 with record profits, posting a 31% increase over prior year earnings.
- February: Launch of the highly anticipated C-Series PV module in the U.S. The C-Series, designed exclusively for residential rooftops, is the company’s first entirely German-made panel to be introduced in the U.S. market.
- February: Centrosolar America’s California office relocates to Fremont, CA, to accommodate a full-service distribution center.
- January: Centrosolar becomes exclusive solar module manufacturer for TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Ltd.) in Europe.
- December: Centrosolar installs a backup solar energy system on the roof of the German embassy in Thailand.
- November: Centrosolar Canada, headquartered in Ontario, opens.
- October: Centrosolar America announces CentroData™, its new product for solar PV monitoring, and CentroRack™, a new tilt-roof racking solution.
- September: Centrosolar installs Turkey’s largest thin-film solar power system for the makers of Mentos® and Smint®. The system reduces carbon dioxide by more than 25,000 kilograms a year.
- September: Opening of a UK division and certification of the company’s crystalline solar modules for the UK market.
- August: Centrosolar America opens new distribution center in Edison, New Jersey.
- June: Centrosolar installs solar power system on roof of Berlin’s City Hall.
- May: Aggressive expansion of Centrosolar America’s sales teams in Arizona, California and New Jersey.
- December: Branch opens in Benelux, the Netherlands.
- September: Centrosolar America introduces a branded complete solar system package developed specifically for the US market.
- June: Centrosolar America inaugurates full-scale distribution center in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- December: CENTROSOLAR Group AG officially opens one of Germany’s largest solar production facilities in Wismar.
- March: New offices in Spain, France, Italy and Greece are opened.
- March: Centrosolar America, headquartered in Arizona, opens.
Solara, Biohaus and Solarstocc merge to form Centrosolar AG (Germany). All three companies are pioneers in the PV field and possess decades of experience in solar technology. Holding company is renamed to CENTROSOLAR Group AG.
- Acquisition of Biohaus PV Handels GmbH (Germany).
- Acquisitions of Solara and Solarstocc create Centrosolar AG (Germany), now CENTROSOLAR Group AG.
Awards and Accolades
Bavarian Innovation Prize
Bavarian Energy Award
Solar Award – City of Furth